Thursday, October 4, 2012

throwback thursday / lazy 5 ranch.

This is my second installment of Throwback Thursdays, a new thing I'm trying out as a way to share old photos and stories with all you lovely people. This week, I'm keeping it short...




The Lazy 5 Ranch is a "wilderness park" in NC where you can take a 3.5 mile horse-drawn wagon ride and feed lots of different animals along the way. I went there a few years ago with Caroline and my mom before I left for my study abroad term in Italy. There are two funny things to share from our excursion:


1) I met an animal called a highland cattle who had blonde curly hair just like me! And then an impressive picture was taken in which we made the same face.



2) Caroline got bitten by a water buffalo & had to get a tetanus shot.


 (Don't feel bad if you're amused or even laughing. Bizarre and unfortunate 
situations like this always seem to find Caroline and she laughs about it too!)

. . .


6 comments:

  1. Beth! I took my third graders to Lazy 5 yesterday! Last year, a camel tried to swallow one of my students' arms. It got her up to her shoulder. I got to save the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am laughing so hard!!! i cannot imagine how traumatic it would be to have one's arm in a camel's mouth. those guys are mean!

      thank you so much for telling me, i love it!

      Delete
  2. I now know what your spirit animal is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The caption for the bottom photo was almost "and then caroline met an animal who looked just like her too!" so don't push your luck forsyth.

      Delete
  3. Was a fun time indeed! Beverly was so funny - like she had never seen an animal before. I had no idea Caroline was bitten by a water buffalo. Where was I??? AND a tetanus shot? We got NEAR the water buffalos? They are scaarry!

    ReplyDelete